Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
17th International Conference | April 12-15, 2023 @ University of Melbourne, Australia
We are excited to return this year to our in-person format for the International Conference and to be working with our host partners at University of Melbourne! It was expressed often by the attendees at last summer's conference in Portland how much they missed meeting in-person and being able to immerse themselves in the newest research in their fields while connecting with friends both old and new. We hope that you can join us in the vibrant city of Melbourne with its perfect blend of rich cultural history and new age trends including a vibrant dining scene! Learn more about Melbourne HERE.
This conference platform will be the hub of activity for program participants, so we suggest you bookmark this site for future reference. Abstracts for both volunteer and organized sessions will be submitted here for review before being placed on the program. Participants will return here to view the program, upload complete papers and slides, and for those participating virtually, to attend and participate in virtual concurrent sessions on April 11. Keynote addresses by David Card, Cecilia Rouse, and Pauline Grosjean, as well as the closing roundtable panel will be streamed out so that virtual attendees can also join in the discussion!
Housing, Registration, Special Activities, etc.
For complete conference information, visit the conference website for the latest details on registration, housing, and special activities.
Safety is our first priority when convening a WEAI conference. Our expectation is that all participants attending the conference in-person will be fully vaccinated and boosted. We will regularly monitor the COVID protocols in Melbourne and will follow any guidelines in place at the time of the meetings.
Conference Dates to Remember
- October 15, 2022: Volunter paper abstract submission deadline.
- December 15, 2022: Deadline to submit organized session details.
- January 15, 2023: Deadline for organized session participants to register/submit in order to be included in first program draft.
- February 15, 2023: Early-Bird registration discount ends, fees increase $50.
- March 1, 2023: Last day for program changes to appear in the printed program.
- March 15, 2023: Presenters upload full papers and slides to the conference platform for sharing with discussants.
- March 15, 2023: Puchase special activity tickets to ensure your space.
- April 11, 2023: Virtual sessions on Zoom.
- April 12-15, 2023: In-person conference in Melbourne.
- October 31, 2023: Deadline for WEAI members to submit revised conference papers free of charge to Economic Inquiry or Contemporary Economic Policy for possible publication.